Trader Joe’s and I have an on again off again relationship. It’s fraught with parking anxiety, too many people in the too narrow aisles, and distance from my house. Lately, we’re back together again, since a new TJ’s opened up, and I stocked up on some new products recently that I’ve been adding to absolutely everything. One of those is Chili Onion Crunch. It’s like a chili oil with crunchy dehydrated onions in it. Though I’m not crazy about their tahini, it’s a place to actually buy tahini, so I’ll take what I can get. After a short trip this week, I threw together this delicious Tahini Broccoli and Farro Salad using all Trader Joe’s Ingredients! It was simple, and perfect for taking a lunch to work. Top it off with a drizzle of Chili Onion Crunch and some Everything Bagel Seasoning, and you have a crazy delicious meal.
Let’s get started on this recipe! First, we’ll cook the farro. Put the farro in a pot with three cups of water and bring to a boil. Then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes until farro is tender. Drain your white beans in a colander, and to save dishes, drain your farro into the white beans colander.
Meanwhile, to char the broccoli, toss the broccoli with olive oil on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with lemon zest and Everything Bagel Seasoning and bake until the broccoli is charred, about 20 minutes.
To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, soy sauce, dijon mustard, honey, and red wine vinegar. Add a couple tablespoons of water to thin out the dressing and a pinch of salt and whisk. To serve, plate the beans and farro in a salad bowl, top with the broccoli, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with more everything bagel seasoning and a little chili onion crunch if you like.
- 1 cup farro
- 1 head broccoli, cut into 1 inch florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning, divided
- kosher salt
- 1 15 oz can white beans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a medium pot, add the farro and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and simmer for 30 mins. Meanwhile, drain and rinse the white beans, leaving them in a colander in the sink.
- Toss the broccoli with 1 tbsp of the olive oil on a sheet pan. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the broccoli. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the everything bagel seasoning over the broccoli and add a pinch of salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once your farro is tender, pour it into the colander with the white beans and drain off any remaining water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, red wine vinegar, honey, dijon, soy sauce,1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 2 tbsp water. Taste for salt. If the mixture is too runny, add more tahini. If it's too thick, add a splash of water.
- To plate, add your beans and farro to a bowl. Top with the broccoli, drizzle with the tahini sauce and sprinkle with the remaining everything seasoning.